ShareASale are a private company from Chicago who were established in 2000. They are an affiliate marketing network who currently have over 3,900 merchants for you to affiliate with. They have won numerous awards, notably for being the Best Affiliate Network from 2005-2008.
How Does ShareASale Operate?
To affiliate with any of the ShareASale merchants you need to originally sign up for an account with ShareASale and then once approved, sign up for each individual merchant that you want to affiliate with. Some merchants allow auto approval but generally you will need to advise how you plan to promote the merchant’s products before you will be approved. The beauty of ShareASale is that you don’t need to re-enter all your personal details as these are already on file.
Each merchant will have their own commission structure and these differ greatly dependent on which niche you are going for. We have found that the technology niche have some great affiliate rates. The majority of money made from this site comes from our Genesis sales through ShareASale.
SaleASale run a blog where you can follow all the latest developments with their merchants and reporting styles.
ShareASale Affiliate Network Review
- Real time reporting.
- Easy interface to use.
- Two tier earning ability by referring other affiliates or merchants.
- Easy search function allows you to find which merchants are currently offering coupon codes.
- Featured merchant listing shows you which merchant has the best deals for affiliates to promote.
- Great customer service.
- They have a “No Software” policy which means you don’t have to mess around with different toolbars or Adware.
- PayPal or any online payment schemes are not a payment option, but you can get around this by using Payoneer and using their free US bank account for direct deposits.
- Direct Deposit isn’t available to all countries, check out their site for further details.
- Not all countries are allowed to sign up with ShareASale, i.e China isn’t allowed.
- Only accepts sites in English as a rule – some of their merchants allow other languages, so it is worth doing your research first.
- If you are located outside the US you will need to sign and send off a form for tax purposes.
ShareASale vs Adsense
ShareASale is not really comparable to Adsense but it is a definite top adsense alternative. These two networks work really well together making it a great way to monetize your website. By using ShareASale you can start up your own shop on behalf of an affiliate, offer coupon codes for products from the ShareASale merchants. Adsense provides payment by the number of clicks, with ShareASale you will only receive payment when someone makes a purchase or if someone signs up to ShareASale through your affiliate link.
ShareASale vs Commission Junction
Commission Junction gives instant account approval but lacks the security functions that ShareASale has for payments. Reporting and tracking with Commission Junction isn’t as detailed or as easy to use as ShareASale. Commission Junction has more merchants to affiliate with. We have had greater success using ShareASale for monetizing our different websites but as always your niche is a huge factor in determining what will work best for you.
ShareASale Payout Amount
ShareASale have a good payment record with payments always going out on the 20th of the month for the previous month. Minimum payment is by default set at $50 but you can amend this up to $200. Payments are made via direct deposit or check. You can pay extra to have your check sent via FedEx. It is worth noting here that there is not an option for payment via PayPal or any other online payment schemes.
Signing up with ShareASale
Signing up with ShareASale is easy, you simply enter your username, password and country of residence. If you can’t find your country on the list then unfortunately you won’t be able to sign up. You will next be asked for your website and website information.
Following this step you are asked for an email address. TIP – use an email address from your website’s domain name for express sign-up.
After this step you will be asked for contact and tax information. You should receive notice of approval within 1 business day.
What is Your Experience With ShareASale?
After signing up, let us know how things went and leave a review. We want to keep the information on here as fresh as possible so we appreciate you contributing your experiences.
Reader’s Reviews of ShareASale